- Mophie’s juice pack air is a lightweight combination case and battery pack that protects your iPhone and gives it a little extra juice when you need it.
- The “chin” of the case adds about 1/2″ of height and is primarily needed as a pass-through for the case’s Lightning port to the phone’s Lightning port.
- Mophie added a bit of extra functionality to this area with forward-facing speaker holes, which basically serve to redirect the sound from the speakers on the bottom of the phone.
- I’ve noticed that when trying to charge through the lightning port on the case, there is a strange loop of the case trying to decide to pass the power through to the phone or charge the case itself.
- Through some wizardry, you can keep the case on your phone and still charge both the phone and case battery.
Read full article: the-gadgeteer.com